It is generally advised that access to the Credentials Module is kept to a small number of people (2 - 3). These folks would be given Site Administrator access to work through updating the faculty credentials information.
However, some campuses may wish to provide access to academic deans or department chairs to confirm faculty information. Follow the instructions below to provide access to the Managing Departments within the site:
- Go to Administration > Organization
- The organizational chart to the left of the page lists the Managing Departments of the module. These Managing Departments are the location of the faculty profile in the site itself. For those campuses with the Planning module, the organizational chart will be the same as in Planning. A user must have a role within a Managing Department to access the faculty profiles located in that unit.
- To add a new role, click +Add New Role to [Unit Name] within the unit you'd like the role to belong in.
- In the new window, name the role and select the user assigned to that role from the drop-down menu.
- For Course Permissions, you can provide access to courses located in that org. unit of the org. chart with either View Access (read-only access) or Manage Courses access which allows the user to edit course/section profiles located in that unit of the org. chart.
- For Roles, you can offer View Roles (read-only access), or Manage Roles access which allows the user to create or edit role settings in that unit of the org. chart.
- For Faculty, offer either Reviewer (read-only), Contributor (editing existing faculty profiles), or Administrator (adding, editing, and deleting faculty profiles) access to the user.
- Click Add.
- When finished adding all roles in that unit, click Save.
If your campus also has the Planning module, it is likely there are already roles located in the org. chart. While the role exists across both modules, access is granted to each module separately, so be sure to open the role in the Credentials module, apply the permissions, and click Save when finished!
Additionally, if you would like your online reviewer to have the ability to explore the Credentials site with a link from the Accreditation module, they must have the appropriate permissions assigned within Credentials.