The Compliance Assist – Gallery module is a role based system, so the permissions and access levels are tied to departments in the organizational chart (just like the Planning module). Once a role is created in the system, you can easily move users in and out of the role as they enter and leave your institution. Only Site Administrators can create a role. As you are creating a role, keep in mind that permissions are cascading, meaning that the access level you create for the role will also be applicable to any child, or sub-, departments.
To see a listing of Users and Roles already in the system follow these steps:
- Go to the Planning Module.
- Click on the Administration tab.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Click on the Export Users/Roles button.
This will generate a spreadsheet with all of your users currently in your school's Compliance Assist site.
The roles in the Gallery module are the exact same roles that have been created in the Planning module. If you need to create a new role, follow these steps:
- Go to the Administration > Organization tab.
- Click +Add New Role to [Name of Unit].
- A new window will appear asking you to name the role and select the user assigned to the role via the User drop-down menu.
To apply permissions to the role in regard to document access:
- Provide permissions under the Documents heading:
- No Access - The user cannot open the Gallery module to perform any actions.
- Reviewer - The user can have read-only access the documents loaded in their org. unit.
- Contributor - The user can rename, replace, or move documents between folders within their org. unit.
- Administrator - The user can upload, modify, and delete documents within their org. unit.