Many institutions working on compliance reports often cross-reference accreditation standards. You are able to link standards to one another within the Accreditation module by using the Hyperlink tool; however, it is important to follow the following steps, to ensure that the link is inserted locally. The link must be local in order to function properly in a report archive.
*TIP: for efficiency, open the standard you are linking to in a separate browser tab or window.
- Highlight text in the Narrative that you would like to link to another standard (this is often the number and name of the standard).
- Click the Hyperlink tool in the formatting toolbar:
- In the second tab or window, highlight and copy the text in the URL bar beginning with, “requirement.aspx?id=….”
EXAMPLE of highlighted and copied information (shown in yellow):
- Paste the copied address into the URL field of the Hyperlink tool window within edit mode of the requirement you’re working on. Be sure to remove the existing “http://” text.
- Click “OK.”
- Save your requirement, and test the link in either Preview or read-only mode. Re-link if necessary.
Check out a training video for a demonstration. For assistance, contact your Consultant.