The Credentials module is used to house information regarding your terms, faculty, faculty credentials and courses.
At the bottom of this article, you will find four import templates that you can download and populate. The Credentials Data Dictionary is also attached below to provide instructions on populating the fields in each of the four files.
Do not delete any columns or column headers from the import templates. You may leave Rows 2 onward blank for any fields labelled as optional in the Data Dictionary.
To populate this module with your institution’s information:
- Review the organizational chart at Credentials > Faculty & Staff > List by Department. Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you need assistance updating your organizational chart.
- Download the four templates below and populate them with your data. We recommend populating them in the following order:
- Faculty Credentials
- The faculty file will need to be imported before this file so that the credentials can be associated to the faculty member.
- Courses & Sections
- The Terms file will need to be imported before this file so that the sections can be associated with the appropriate term.
- The Faculty file will also need to be imported before this file so that the appropriate associations can be made.
- After your files have been created, upload your files to the sFTP site and email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that the files have been uploaded.
- If your institution does not yet have an sFTP directory set up with Anthology, or if you do not know your sFTP login credentials, email email@example.com and our Technical Services team can assist you.
- Anthology will upload your files and then reply back to the support ticket that was generated from Step 3 to let you know that the import was successful or if there are errors that need to be adjusted.
Anthology takes very seriously the need for accurate data to be reported to accrediting agencies on time when reports are due, so it is of paramount importance to recognize the following before preparing the Credentials Module for an Accreditation archive:
The Credentials Module is intentionally designed as a one-time entry of data. The import files can only add new data to the Credentials module. They cannot update existing profiles.
Once the Credentials files are loaded, other files can be attached to the data that was entered from either the Faculty, Faculty Credential Details, or Course Section files (e.g. Résumé, Syllabus). Due to the ultimate nature of this process, it is imperative as a best practice to provide all information after add/drop week of a given semester once this information is not prone to change.
The only course of corrective action once erroneous data is provided for import is for a site administrator on campus to manually edit each line of data (which we recognize to be unfeasible en masse as deadlines approach) or for Anthology staff to roll back the entire Course Sections file, Faculty Credential Details file, and/or Faculty file to prepare for a new round of loading valid data.
Rolling back of any of these three file types will result in a permanent loss of anything that was manually added or attached to the respective data (e.g. manual text edits, file attachments).
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this process.